Sunday, June 20, 2010

This morning I went to Church and the message was about a son who was named King after his father and God blessed him but he never acknowledged it and would not honor God. He just thought “I am not like other people because I am King so I can do whatever I want” and so God struck him with leprosy.

And I started remembering how everyone thought that I was so smart and so I thought that I could do anything and I didn’t have a Church, Christian friends or lead Bible studies ever.

And look what happened to me! Thankfully I didn’t get leprosy but I can’t do anything anymore, I can’t walk anymore, I lost my job, I lost my memory, I lost my parents, I lost my wife and I lost my kids.

So the same thing that happened in the Old Testament happened to me!

Was that a rare or odd thing that I heard that message today? I don’t think so.

Am I different from that man in the Old Testament? I don’t think so.

Have I learned something? Yes by the grace of God.

No comments: