Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes I get frightened and I’ll bet you do too. To become frightened is normal because after all we’re human beings!

You can become frightened for a number of reasons, but are they valid or real reasons? That’s a good question and when you become frightened it’s a good one to ask yourself. I do that often and as a huge surprise to me I find many times that my fears aren’t truly founded on facts.

Many times the things that I see that end up making me feel frightened were actually designed to do just exactly that. Tests or rehearsals were done by the developers to see what the results of their work will do when someone sees it. And if their work results in fear then they have gotten what they wanted.

Another thing that happens to me is that in certain situations I will think that something that scares me is going to happen. But at those times I have learned to ask myself “did that ever happen?”. And I can guarantee you that it hasn’t.

We have covered what we see and what we remember but what about reality? That’s a good point!

God is reality and so I ask myself: “Would God do that?” and I don’t know God’s mind or feelings but I do know His word. And 10 out of 10 times His word does not support fear.

So the very next time you are scared just remember this and you won’t be scared anymore.

I am alone pretty much 24X7 so there are times when I get scared. So I have thought about this, tested this and prayed about this and I assure you that fear has no pull with me.

And soon you’ll be fine too!

No comments: