Friday, June 11, 2010

Have you ever thought about prayer? I have! It’s my time to talk directly to God and I do it all of the time.

Why do I do that? Are things oblivious to Him otherwise? No, read Psalm 139:2-4. He is well aware of what’s going on in my life and if scripture isn’t enough to convince you then just think about this for a moment: you are reading something that was written by someone who was physically mangled in 2000 and ALL OF THE DOCTORS said that he would die or at best be a vegetable.

But that was years ago and I’m not dead or a vegetable! No Conservator or Board & Care either! I live in my own apartment with a roommate who is very good, so you bet I believe in prayer and God.

I talk to Him all of the time. Why do I do that? He’s always there and unfortunately humans are not.

A long time ago I wrote about prayer and I think what got me going was that human Churches have Prayer Chains and so some humans feel that they have the opportunity to use them to tell God what to do and what they want. But God doesn’t need His creations to tell Him what to do or when to do it. He is OMNI.

So I use this time to (from my perspective) confirm with Him what He already knows and just talk to Him confirming what I desire.

But believe me He is always there and knows everything and does the best thing.

I am a human just like you are so I have thought this all of the way through. There have been many times when I was totally unable to even pray and ask but the right thing happened anyway.

So prayer is an honor to tell Him thank you and I love you and I want to be with you for Eternity and do your will on this Earth. He is all that matters.

No comments: