Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recently Trinity upgraded to a new video player for Gary’s
sermons. Our new player didn’t work with the old one. All the
videos needed to be reloaded...from scratch. Fortunately, Toby
Hoff volunteered to take on this task. Toby Hoff is one of our
adults with disabilities. Toby was not born with a disability…he
was brutally attacked, robbed and left for dead, spent years in
coma. He is now in a wheelchair with many physical handicaps.
Toby types at about 5 words per minute, and I have a hard time
understand him when he talks.
But since he wanted to volunteer I thought the video project might be something he could do. Each video sermon takes
about 1½ hours to upload. When I told him this project would take a lot of time, he told me “I have nothing BUT time.”
Since then, Toby has spent hundreds of hours on a volunteer basis entering and uploading
ALL 18 years of sermon content. This has been tremendously helpful to us…and incredibly
stimulating for Toby. Toby said “I always thought that I learned computers so that I could have my
job, but now I know that God taught me computers so that I could serve Him.”
One of the things that he said that I’ll never forget was “You know…I’m not stupid”. That hit
me like a ton a bricks. Here is someone that the world thinks is useless…and he started to
believe it himself. How tragic!
On a regular basis we have over 50 countries that visit our website. Toby has a worldwide
ministry, right from home in his wheel chair. Pray that God will use this ministry to further
His kingdom.
Now you can watch Gary’s sermons online or on
your iPhone...perfect for preparing for Koinonia!
Toby Hoff

by Bruce Herwig

No comments: