Saturday, October 9, 2010

OK my most primary goal is to teach you about the gospel (good news of Jesus Christ). And I know that I can do it. Now whether you believe it is up to you alone.

Without Jesus in our lives our relationship with God is not good. We are unable to change this and God knew that so He sent His son, Jesus to rectify what we would not do for us. And He did.

That should be why we are Christians.

However, after many problems I contacted my Sr. Pastor today and said this:

I have been told several times that if you sin you must specifically confess what you have done to remain saved but because of my injuries I have lost most of my memory so for me to do that is very much impossible. I just can’t remember things.

So if that was true then Ephesians 2:8-9 is not true because it states that salvation is a gift from God and it has nothing to do with you so that you can not boast.

However I am being told that I did… and so for me to confess that is totally incorrect and 100% opposite of what the Bible teaches. My salvation is not because of me! Nor is the fact that I live the life that I live.


And this was the answer that I got:

Toby,
You are absolutely correct - we are not saved by confessing every sin, but by trusting in the Lord Jesus who has paid the price for all our sins, and we aren't even aware of most of them.

So his answer coincided with what I said.

Salvation is a gift from God that He gave you, you cannot earn it yourself. And that is what makes it the good news!

If you have any questions on this then please email me at toby.hoff@gmail.com and I will respond.

No comments: