Saturday, October 2, 2010

I imagine (just imagine) that God helps me to see some things because 1) He knows that I need them or 2) He knows that I will share them or 3) Both of those and this is a number 3.

I have been thinking about therapy lately. At Robert H. Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital years ago I used to get good Physical and Occupational therapy but after some time they told me to leave and not come back and it upset me! After a 5 year coma these were my friends.

I used to be given recipes and directions by God and they ALL turned out great and I have saved them all. And I used to practice waking a lot with tools and I always did well. That was my goal. To always do what they asked me to do, but they threw me out.

And one time at a Christmas party I was in my wheelchair and on my own I stood up, walked across a room and stood by someone for a picture (I have a copy of that). So why did they kick me out and why am I still in a wheelchair?

Good question. That’s what I asked God and He has answered me.

Therapists are taught that people have to be 1 way only. I am a good example that that’s not true but I am not generally accepted. Hmm, that sounds a lot like Jesus. He was not “standard” and He was not generally accepted either and He had no handicaps.

So instead of being upset and giving up I’ll take pride in being like Jesus and keep pressing on! When He couldn’t win any more Jesus knew and I will too.

I cannot be limited because of their limited knowledge. I know more so I’m not going to stop yet !

No comments: