Thursday, October 21, 2010

I’ll just admit right at the beginning that some of you will not agree with this.

However, I agree with Paul (and with good solid reasonss) that what I have is not because of me but because of God in me.

For quite some time some of the things I see are not exactly what I read in the Bible even among Churches. Read the following thing that Jesus said:

Matt 6:8
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
NIV

It doesn’t say anything about needing to ask Him several times by many different people. No. it says that He knows what you need before you ask. So why do organizations have prayer chains? He already knows what is needed!

Which brings me to my point. We trust God for:

Life
Death
Hearing our prayers
Forgiveness of sins
Eternal life

Why not something as simple as needs?

The Bible says that He knows our needs before we ask. But it does not say: “so don’t ask” and it also does not say “be sure to have many people ask”.

It’s a reassurance to us of how vast His caring is. We don’t need to try to “be good enough” because face facts: We’re not good and we never will be!

No comments: