Thursday, October 14, 2010

Being a Christian does not mean only good & proper things will ever come. I mean, come on… we live in a world that is being run by the enemy so how could that happen?

Jesus told us to LOVE OUR NEIGHORS but I’m finding out that we DEFINE our neighbors carefully so they don’t often turn out to be people who we actually need to help and so we simply ignore people who need us.

That is NOT what Jesus was talking about. He even gave us many parables to help us understand what He meant. Remember the parable about the man who was attacked and everyone BUT a Samaritan ignored him but the Samarian took care of him and Jesus said: GO AND DO LIKEWISE.

But do we go and do likewise? No we don’t. We take care of our own priorities and everything else just has to wait.

Is that what Jesus meant? NO!

I am here to tell you that Christianity means so much more than what I’m seeing and I believe that one of my jobs (this time) is to be Jesus for you to tell you that you’re living to be way more than you are now.

You’re NOT a Pharisee, you’re a Christian!

I am part of many ignored groups and I may be poor and handicapped but I have my brains and I don’t like what I am seeing. It took me awhile to sort it all out and see but I have and God expects more from you.

Children are being hurt and no one knows it and there are so many more things but for some reason, a bad reason, Christians aren’t helping.

Remember that Jesus said to deny yourselves right before He died for our sins? And if you deny yourselves then God will take care of you.

But what I’m seeing is that a bunch of people are taking care of themselves.

Stop it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be watching out for neighbors who need help!