Thursday, July 1, 2010

There is something that I hear people say a lot today that I’m sure the meaning of it has been the same for years and years and that is the word “perfect”.

In the NIV translation of the Bible the word perfect appears 38 times. An example is as follows:

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
NIV

As a side note, have you noticed that when I’m looking for the explanation of something that I always turn to the Bible?

Back to the word: Perfect.

People say “This is perfect” or just “Perfect” meaning that they have followed he directions, done everything properly and/or this is the way it’s supposed to turn out.

But there is so much more to the word perfect. It doesn’t mean that I have done something good because I could and it would not be something special. No, it means that SOMEONE ELSE has done a wonderful thing well and it is special!

So from now on don’t just think about yourself. Take up YOUR CROSS because you’re not as important as the other person or certainly not God!

No comments: