Friday, July 9, 2010

Many years ago I graduated from college with a BA in Information Systems Management. I was happily married, had 3 boys and thought that things were very going very well.

I owned a house in California across the street from a major theme park, drove a Volvo that I had bought brand new, put a pool in at my house, had a security system at my house and I’m sure that there were more things.

Then I moved my family to Kentucky, bought a home there, worked for GE, was very intelligent and went to work for an airline owned company. Started a computing department for my company and I moved my family to Virginia and began traveling all over the World.

Things sound like they were going pretty well, eh? Not so quick because God was working with me and things got better yet!

On 7-11-2000 I was visiting a friend in Seattle, Washington (from my home in Virginia) and I was attacked, beaten up, my rented car was stolen, my money was stolen, my clothes were stolen, my Brain Stem was broken and I went into a coma for 5 years.

When I started to come out my wife was having an affair, she had gotten into serious trouble for having stolen a lot of money from this company, she was a serious alcoholic, my sister was calling me and I was flown from Virginia to live with my sister and her husband in California which only lasted for a few weeks and then they put me into Braswell’s where I was molested so I was put into a Board & Care and left alone.

I’ve heard it said that things have to get ugly before they can get pretty and things were very ugly then. I lost my car, I lost my job and my traveling, I lost my parents, I lost my sister, I lost my house, I lost my kids, I lost my wife and now I live in an apartment.

Now when I look back on all of that it’s easy to wonder how did I get through all of that and why? Yes things got very ugly but thanks to God they never got ahold of me.

I’m learning every day and I feel good that I live for Him. I’m happier now than I have ever been!

No comments: