Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh no, I just saw a commercial for a company called: Care.com and it said: “How families stay together” and I wondered why this company even exists.

I thought that a Mother and a Father were supposed to keep their family together but this company is only out to make money and they’re not the Mother or the Father!

What is going on?

Are people just too busy to raise their own children or care after each other so we need companies like this?

Who will lead the children and who will train them? Who will do this?

Eph 6:4
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
NIV

Just a very quick trip through the Bible produced this:

Eph 6:1-3
6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 "Honor your father and mother"-which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."

Col 3:20

20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
NIV

Is that the way of our Society that we now require something more than a Father and a Mother? I never thought that. I viewed it as MY responsibility to raise my children in the way of the Lord. I knew that I would be held accountable by God for what I did with my children, so why aren’t parents doing that?

I just don’t get it.

No comments: