Monday, July 5, 2010

Not often does a person say this but this last weekend was a gift from God.

Did everything happen as planned? No.

Were things better than I expected? No.

Did things end up on a good note? No.

Then why are you saying that this last weekend was a gift from God? First of all because I had the weekend and secondly because I learned many things.

The gift was in what I learned.

Were they good and happy things? No they weren’t but I did learn them.

What did you learn?

That there are many different kinds of handicaps. Some are easy to immediately see but some are not, but they’re all real.

I had some experiences that were not good nor pleasant but they did happen and they are real and to work through them I have got to acknowledge them and deal with them.

Is it easy to acknowledge them and deal with them? No it’s not but God does this with us and if He can do it and I can do it then I can work through it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great thing, to see even our painful experiences as gifts from God. Thanks for the reminder.