Sunday, July 4, 2010

The sermon this morning really impacted me and it contained the following verse:
John 3:3

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again ."
NIV

The reason that it had such an impact is that I have no real memories from before I was hurt. In other words I don’t remember being a child or living at home or my college education or much else until I was out of my coma, hurt and in the hospital in Virginia. So it’s kind of like I was born at 42.

I can be very detailed about some things but I have no memory at all about others. And I wasn’t sure why.

The humans say that it’s because of my injury but they also said that I would die or at best be a vegetable and I’m not so I didn’t know why.

But I have always thought that I was born as an adult and I thought that it was unusual and now know the truth.

Yes I was born again Spiritually when I accepted Christ and there are many occurrences that speak of that but I was born again mentally when I was injured obviously so that I could forget all of the bad stuff. Otherwise I would have met their prediction and would rightfully have not been on Hospice or I would be going to die and that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

So I was born again twice and in two different ways!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work :)! You've had multiple second chances

Lisa