Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My main goal in life is to teach people about God and to help them get to know Him. I live for God and mistakenly I thought that everyone else because they’re a Christian was just like me. But thank you all for showing me that I was wrong. There’s no one like me but me. Just like God doesn’t make each of us look alike He doesn’t make each of us think alike either.

So when I write something there is usually a scripture to back it up, I read it several times & pray and then I send it out. And I assume that I’m not saying anything new so everyone will be able to understand it as I do. However, lately some people have asked me questions, good questions about some of the things that I have written and I have answered them but I didn’t realize that we all think differently.

After some confusion I have come to understand that we’re all different so questions are good.

So now I would like to take a moment to explain a little about myself:

In the year 2000, at the age of 42 I was robbed and severely beaten.
My Brain Stem was broken so now I can’t walk.
I live in an apartment with a roommate.
I ready my mail.
I receive Social Security.
I use my computer a lot.
I budget everything.
I can’t write much anymore.
I pay my bills on time.
I reconcile my bank statements.
I brush my teeth.
I watch some TV.
I go to the bathroom by myself.
A man gives me a shower every weekday.
I’m as independent as a person can be from a wheelchair.
I rarely ask for or require assistance. I am open to receiving it when I get it.
I have been told and I among others have confirmed that I have been severely abused.

So basically I’m just like I used to be but I live in a wheelchair at home. And coming so far and for so long and being so healthy I am amazed. But there is one thing in particular that has always been there: I give God the credit for everything, absolutely everything. Yeah people still do bad things to me but God uses the bad for good.

So if you have any questions then please feel free to ask me.


My email address is: toby.hoff@gmail.com

No comments: