Monday, August 18, 2008

You did it to God


I have been listening to music lately and this one very old song just sticks with me like no other: “Don’t tell them Jesus loves them till you’re ready to love them too” by Steve Camp. I really like that song a lot and so I researched some of the words that are in it in the Bible.

I don’t normally do that, but it means so much to me that I decided to check it out. In the song he seems to quote the gist of verses 35 and 36:

Matt 25:31-40

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me , I was sick and you looked after me , I was in prison and you came to visit me .'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me .'
NIV

And so I got to thinking He said nothing about them being Proper or Special or anything like that He just called them the least of these brothers of mine.

So that really got me to thinking Who is He referring to? And I thought Well, salvation isn’t mine to give or take so the TRUTH isn’t something that I can or need to know. Therefore if someone says that they are His, all that I can do and should do is believe them.

I really did all of this thinking and concluding and the result is that this statement just opens the doors to many more people than I initially realized!

Finally I now know that people are important to God! And it just reminds me that it’s not important for ME to evaluate anyone! I am only human and not only am I not capable to do that, it’s not up to me!

Realizing that neither my evaluation nor anyone else’s is actually important frees me up to do a lot more caring for people!
And hopefully you can do that too!

No comments: