Monday, August 18, 2008

Grace


I woke up this morning thinking about Grace and so I decided to tell you. Webster’s dictionary defines grace as “The unmerited love and favor of God”.

This definition states that it was unmerited, in other words: you didn’t deserve it or earn it. And per scriptures that’s clear:

Rom 5:7-8
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us .
NIV

We didn’t deserve it or earn it, but because He loved us, He died for us. Now, what does He died for me while I was s still a sinner mean?

I’m glad that you asked! That is actually very simple. It means that even though you weren’t Godly and perfect or sinless, He was and He was killed as a sacrifice for you! To reconcile you to God (because you weren’t a part of God’s family or reconciled to Him at all before).

The most obvious benefit of what was done by Jesus is me. I was living an extremely sinful life when I got hurt, but I had received Christ as my savior and as He had promised in Matthew 28:20, He never left me! Even though in reality what I was doing at that time paled in comparison to just who I was in reality.

I was a human and I was sinful. He had come to this earth and had become a human too but was sinless, so He willingly became God’s perfect sacrifice for OUR sins because He loved us!

So, did I change as a human? NO! But spiritually (which is how I relate to God), YES! My sinful human spirit was overlaid by Christ’s sinless spirit (which was His intention in the first place) and although I didn’t deserve it, to God I became sinless as Jesus was sinless—permanently!

Jesus isn’t there one minute and gone the next! And His sacrifice wasn’t partially good, NO, IT WAS DESINED IN ADVANCE AND ITS PERMANENT! IT’S NOT EVER GOING TO NEED TO HAPPEN AGAIN. It is written: Once for all.

Believe me, I understand that this is all difficult to grasp, but it’s true! So, when I got hurt, Jesus was there for me. And so normally a person who has a completely severed brain stem would die, the entity that had created my brain stem in the first place was there to heal it for me!

Do I still have problems as a result of the stack? Yes! I have plenty, but I believe that I’m still here to do God’s work. And so gladly and thankfully I’ll do it.

I don’t yet know and maybe I’ll never need to know what it is, but He knows (and He did) and He’s leading me totally and that’s all that I need to know.

No comments: