Monday, August 18, 2008

Be still, and know that I am God

This saying from Psalms is something that everyone should do, but it’s not easy.

Just think about me, I had everything that anyone in this life could want! Perfect marriage, great kids, super house, top of the line cars and an incredible job with tons of money and then this happened to me.

I am now handicapped, I have absolutely no memory, I’m a long way from my home, my wife and my children, I lost my job and I live very poorly watching every penny that I spend. And to top it off (as if there needed to be more), I am just now beginning to realize some of the pain and hardship that my family has had to go through. So, this saying means a great deal to me. But why? Well, let’s look at this very closely.

Be still. Stop stressing and thinking about things! In each person’s day there are plenty of things to think about and/or stress over. But as Christians, we’re God’s children and He has very clearly told us to Be still.

We are also told to know. Not to think about who’s in control or to guess what will happen, no we are to know who’s leading us, and trust Him. If we are still and know then we will begin to trust and relax.

The last thing that He tells us is I am God. He tells us who He is and why we can be still and know. What else could you need? Nothing. Now, I know that the bus will come and if God wants me to come home, I will. I just don’t worry about anything because I’m still and I know that He is God.

The fact that I’m still alive proves that He is God and I’m proud that He’s my Father.

No comments: