Friday, September 10, 2010

I have just realized that our job as Christians is way bigger than I ever knew!

Jesus did say to love your neighbors but He didn’t just mean to be nice to people with which you have contact, He meant everyone! If you know them or not.

I have been remembering things from when I was young and I continually think: It’s good that I never knew that but why didn’t anyone else see it?

And no one did. So here I am handicapped. And my family did bad things and no one noticed. So they were smart and no one helped!

We have got to do better than that!

Many many people are children and adults and they need help. I’m not just guessing this or making it up. This is fact and I am one that was hurt.

Christianity is more than just a socially acceptable lifestyle or a way to take care of yourself, it is a way of life for everyone! Like Jesus job when He came here. He exposed Himself to many people but Salvation was for everyone so we (who He lives in us) can’t just limit it to people that we know well. Did Jesus know all of the 5,000 people?

I don’t think so and we have the same job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is our most important job here, to love people and to take care of them. Because we're Christ's body and He is loving them through us!