Sunday, August 22, 2010

We’re Christians. What does that mean? It means we’re like Christ. Now to properly understand what that means we have to look at Christ. Not so much as what we or the world thinks about Him but what God told us.

Christ helped the Father create the world.

Why did He come?

To save us because we were lost.

Weren’t we good people already?

No we were all sinners.

So He came anyway?

Yes, because He loved us.

We were bad but good came to us and stayed until He saved us.

Wasn’t this simple for Him to do?

No but He did it.

That view is true but it’s a long way from what the world sees. And it’s closer to what I view.

To me, Jesus has already made me right so I’m now part of His family, so as I approach people it’s from His perspective, do they need Jesus? Who doesn’t? So I spend time with them and teach them because Jesus in me loves them.

And that’s way different from what I see going on.

People say that they are Christians but they often think that they’re better than others but as a Christian I’m not better I have been forgiven and that’s all.

You too.

We’re still the same people and we’re still human and we would still be lost if it wasn’t for Christ. So as a Christian I want to do what He did. How about you?

No comments: