Friday, August 20, 2010

Forgiven

I looked on the Internet to see if I could find a meaning for the word forgiven and in my opinion I found one that I like a lot. It said that you are no longer required to pay back a debt that you owe.

The reason that I like that definition is that it doesn’t say a debt you never borrowed, no it says that you are no longer required to pay back a debt that you owe.

That is the way I view it. Yes we sin because we are human but we have been forgiven by God! Meaning yes it happens but we are no longer required to pay for it.

So it is not like it doesn’t happen because it does but you are not required to pay it back anymore. Why? Because Jesus paid for it! It’s a debt that you no longer owe.

So do we care about sin? Yes! Right is still right and wrong is still wrong but with God we are no longer responsible for fixing it. God no longer expects US to fix it because Jesus did!

No comments: