Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday I went to Church and the preacher was saying “In my prayer life…” and I realized what he was talking about but I thought “I don’t have something separate that I call my prayer life because my whole life is prayer!”.

So I thought that I should write to you.

God is our Father and He takes care of us even when we don’t know it. He is also always with us. So why would we have something separate that we called our “prayer life”?

To me that says that part of my life is for prayer and another part of my life is for …”

Think of a small child. Do they ever set aside time to speak to their parent? No! They just talk and the parent is listening.

Well we are God’s children and He is listening so if we only give Him specified “time” what does that tell Him?

It tells Him that He is important to you when you dedicate time to Him but you do much more and He can observe but your time is not dedicated fully to Him.

What would an earthly parent say to that?

They would say “fine but you’re not my child from now on”. But God never says that. He just waits to see if we will change our minds and include Him.

No comments: