Friday, May 7, 2010

This morning when my clock radio woke me up it was on 89.7 KSGN a local Christian music station and the song was “Wait upon the Lord”. And the chorus to the song played over and over in my head, it says:
“Our strength will rise as we
Wait upon the Lord, as we
Wait upon the Lord, as we
Wait upon the Lord.”

And I thought for the first time “sometimes we don’t even know that the Lord is even there so I’m not always rising up on wings like Eagles and my strength doesn’t appear to be rising but He IS there”. And I remembered two such times.

The first memory was when I went to physical therapy one day and my usual therapist wasn’t there. This substitute therapist had me get out of my power chair and stand up alone to play a game. Then I came to laying on a mat, my head was bleeding and the Paramedics were on the way. Evidently I had fallen down and cut my head. I went to the hospital and got staples in my head! So did my strength rise as I waited on the Lord? Not by the standards of that song but I was alive!

The second memory was from when I was in my first board and care. One night I was in my wheelchair and for some unknown reason I just tried to stand up and get in my power chair, which I couldn’t do so I fell and cut my head above my eye. I had to go to the emergency room for stitches. So again I’m asking you was I rising up on wings like Eagles while I waited on the Lord? Because I was waiting… Not according to that song but I was fine.

So then I realized that He’s always there. There is no such thing as “waiting on the Lord” and according to those standards I didn’t rise on wings like Eagles but I recovered just fine.

So society has redefined what it’s like to be His child so rather than just accept it, I can say: “Nice try but it’s very different. He is there but He’s always there, just like He said.

No comments: