Sunday, February 13, 2011

My life was bad especially at the time of my attack. I was supposed die but I didn’t. And after a 5 year coma I woke up and asked for a Bible.

I had a difficult time hearing what I had done and believing that I could go to Heaven but I wanted to go so Hebrews 11:1 has been my ONLY desktop for 10 years now but then I read something that we all know but don’t understand what it says:
Rom 6:10-11
10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
NIV

When something dies what is it? No more. So as far as sin is concerned we are no more. It has no effect on us. Yes, things are wrong and we shouldn’t do them but they have no effect on us or our salvation. As the scriptures say: We’re dead to sin.

Another thing that I had read and before did not understand was that Christ had set me free. And the scriptures say that we are free indeed:
John 8:36
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
NIV

So we are dead to sin and free indeed through Christ but people don’t believe this! Why? I don’t know but I can only assume that the enemy is telling people this to keep them from believing the truth.

Religion is based on telling people either that they have failed or that they can lose their salvation. Obviously ‘dead to sin’ and ‘free indeed’ mean nothing to religion.

But I’m telling you that you are dead to sin and free indeed and you can look it up in the Bible because I did.

No comments: