Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A very interesting thing happened to me today. Very interesting indeed.

On Sunday my roommate went out and so I was totally alone. I went into the bathroom in my wheelchair and stood up using my floor to ceiling pole. Sounds fine, duh! Not so quick… I fell down onto the toilet totally hard because I lost my balance.

I was shocked to see that the toilet had not broken because I FELL HARD! Well, everything seemed to be fine though, so I just was pleased and so I said a prayer of thankfulness.

But today being Wednesday and 3 days after the fall, I got up fine, planned a busy day, wheeled out to eat breakfast, ate it and then talked to my wife. And after I had hung up…my back started HURTING!

So badly that at one point I wondered WHAT had gone wrong! So I called the Doctor and made an appointment for Friday. But I just continued to get worse and so I went to bed.

And after only a short time I called a friend to take me to the hospital. At the urgent care center I just closed my eyes because the pain was so intense.

Then after they finally called me in, my friend had to leave for awhile and they came and got me and took me for some x-rays. After the x-rays, the doctor came in and said You clearly have a broken rib! It’ll take about 4 months to heal, there’s no treatment but there is some medication!

So…I did fall very hard and I’m blessed that I didn’t feel anything until today!

No comments: