Thursday, March 19, 2009

I have just noticed something in me that I want to tell you about. I am not telling you this because I am proud of it, no I am telling you this because it is not from me, it is a gift and I’m happy that it has been given to me.

I don’t know when I actually got it but I have been pleased to see that I actually have compassion for others! I have wondered about myself for quite some time because there are times when others just want to hurt me and I feel many things, but compassion is not one of them.

I have wondered if I am wrong and I’ll just have to wait until judgment to find out. But just evaluating (my personal opinion) my current friends, all of them have actions that would normally offend anyone, but they do not offend me. No, they are doing the best that they can and things do happen.

And I do understand. I have been given the ability to see past the current situation all the way to their heart. And that feels good.

I imagine that many others feel this way too! And because it’s not normal, it must be a form of what is called “handicapped” or “disabled”. So, I guess that I’m not in such a weird place after all because I have lots of company.

No comments: