Friday, October 10, 2008

More than we can ask or imagine

Eph 3:20

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
NIV



Ok, I do have some huge trouble, but although it is difficult to realize especially in times of trouble, God is far bigger and will do more than we can ever ask or imagine.

It’s true. We’ve heard it and we have read it but until you are in my position they are just words. Good words, I’ll admit, but still just words.

Please just look at me for a moment. I’m alive, but I normally would not be. I am living in an apartment and I do most everything on my own. Should I be able to? No! But I can. Why? Well when human reality can no longer equate, it can only be God.

No matter what happens or simply does not happen (that is what we as humans cannot even begin to imagine) I am cared for by God. I have come to the point in my life that I have got to know and realize that. I have got to relax.

When I was attacked, I’m almost positive that I wasn’t immediately praying Oh dear God, please help me and keep me alive. No. but that is what happened then and it continues each and every day.

So this is far more than I could ever have asked or imagined. And let me point out the word ask. We simply just don’t realize that He’s there! Always! He knows what’s going on in us and around us. He made us! So of course He cares for and helps us. But, there’s even more to us than we can fathom!

Someday this human life will end, but our spiritual life (our likeness to God) will never end! With nothing else, that alone for us as humans is more than we can ask or imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that he invites us to ask and imagine and then he promises that he will do more than that. I praise him for what he's doing in and through your life. I opened our staff/elder retreat with this verse because it continues and says this: "to Him be the glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen!" Keep bringing him glory, Toby!