Friday, January 21, 2011

Because I am having such a rough morning I am listening to “You Shine” and this one song called: “I am convinced” I like a lot. It says: I am convinced, no force on Earth can separate us from the love of God”. And that is what I believe. But that’s just me and someone else might not feel the same.

So that got me to thinking about faith.

Is faith believing that God exists?

No it’s more than belief in His existence because even Satan and his angels believe that. No Jesus said to deny yourself and that’s extremely hard to do.

Deciding that things just depend on you is where “hoping” and “guessing” and “crossing your fingers” come from and they don’t work. People have got to depend on God and that works.

You have got to give up control because you don’t have control-God does! It’s not your will, it’s His will.

So faith is way more than just what you see or believe. See Hebrews 11:1 for the definition of Faith.

No comments: