Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jesus said that we had to become like children to obtain the kingdom of Heaven.

So what are children like?

They’re just people who depend on their parent. That’s all. There aren’t certain things that they do or say. They aren’t always good either. But they do depend on their parent.

But human people do expect certain things from children. And that’s odd because human children aren’t that way to their parent. And as God’s children we are not treated that way by Him.

Children are “taught” what is expected of them and by whom and they are rewarded for meeting those expectations and punished for not meeting those expectations.

Therefore a child knows what is expected and looks for certain things to happen when they do things.

Nowadays this World expects many things from children. Grades and such are just an example of expectations that are made of a child. And we teach children how to behave based on those expectations. Expectations, expectations, expectations.

However, God does not treat people that way, and we are His children. People just do what they want. At judgment He will evaluate what they have done and based on what they have chosen He will evaluate & choose their destination.

So according to that, we should know that if we remember and please our Father, we’ll know where we’re going?

Actually we don’t have any say so in that at all. He does.

I wish that I could tell you how to behave but I don’t know because it’s not up to me. I just know who to love and depend on.

The Old Testament is filled with story after story of people doing what they chose to do
and “time” went on. And for a long time I didn’t understand what was going on and why it was documented for us, but now I think that I know.

I am extremely handicapped and there are many things that I can’t do anymore, so in this world I do not fit well but in God’s world I fit very well.

I have faith and that’s all and I think that He expects me to have that, but nothing more. Do children have faith in their parent? Yes and I’m supposed to be like a child.

Do you have faith?

No comments: