Thursday, November 18, 2010

Last night I went with a friend to his class and while there I saw a movie that made a big impression on me. In hopes that you may look for this movie I will tell you the name. it was called: King gimp.

It was about this boy who was born with Cerebral Palsy. I’m not kidding he was really bad but he had a very driving spirit. He insisted on school and graduated and then went on to college for an art degree. He painted pictures with a paintbrush tied to his forehead.

At college two of the instructors told him that he would never be an artist so stop. He didn’t stop but found another teacher that would work with him and graduated college with an art degree and several of his paintings are in galleries.

So what did I learn from that?

I learned that as humans we see people like him as messed up birth defects but God made him not as a birth defect but to show His power. And He showed His power big time.

People aren’t always the same or they may even change but instead of comparing them to each other and seeing inequality we need to look to the maker and expect results.

No comments: