Monday, February 9, 2009

His Strength Is Perfect


The chorus to one of my very favorite songs is:
His strength is perfect
When our strength is gone
He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

The reason that is one of my very favorite songs is because that is very clearly the only reason that I am alive.

I was being sinful, but I had met the Lord before that and the Lord had said I’ll never leave you and clearly He didn’t, even though I was being sinful. But do you know what? We are all human so we’ll always be sinful! No change in behavior was going to do that. That’s what the law was for and it failed!

Now that brings the power of His sacrifice into a whole different place! Yes, he bore our sins on the cross, but we had not yet been born and yes He knew the future then, but He also knew that we were human thus we were sinful and Him going to the crucified was the ONLY WAY THAT WE WOULD BE ABLE TO BE IN HEAVEN!

And so He did it and as the Bible says He did it once for all. And that was more than good enough. With my sinful condition I prove that.

So what’s my point? Go ahead and sin? No! My point is just to better clarify what He did for us so that we can appreciate Him all the more.

No comments: