Thursday, February 26, 2009

God is in control

It doesn’t matter what happens to you or what people choose to do or how you are affected, God is in control.

For the longest time, I could not understand why the Old Testament was there but now I think that I do. It is truly an excellent set of examples of God’s incredible love.

No matter what people chose to do, God was always in control. He knew what people were doing, good or bad, but He always let them choose to do it. Always.

Now there were sometimes when He took action like the Israelites crossing the sea and Babylonian captivity (just to name a few), and He still could today. In fact He did, He sent Jesus to us and for us.

But now Jesus is in charge
and we have been given Grace and forgiveness and Salvation and a future and this World that we live in.

But the fact that He is still in control has not changed. No, He could still choose to do anything. That may seem obvious to you, but please read on.

In my everyday life I am always confronted with situations that are not pleasant or actions that are not positive. So I always have a decision to make. I can get angry or frustrated and I could choose to do something and sometimes I do. But regardless of anything, I have got to remember that regardless of the situation with which I am faced or the possible results, God is in control.

It sounds easy and simple, but it’s not! You have to give up complete control of your life and what happens or whatever people situations may arise over to Him. Because you may think that you have some control over certain things, but you don’t.

You are not the judge now and you won’t be in the future. You can’t see everything, but God can. So leave it all, and I mean all, up to the one in charge and in control.

You are a human like me and this is not in any way easy to do, but you will be free from things that you were not in control of anyway.

No comments: