Sunday, July 19, 2009

Life

For most people their life is a challenge that they have to conquer. But to me it is not a challenge that I have to conquer, no, it is very simply based on whatever God chooses to make happen.

I have recently been faced with some absolutely humongous challenges.

I have moved to another city where I have lost my roommate, my friends, my medical help, my Church and my transportation.

I have now lost my wife and my family.

As a human I’ve lost everything and I mean everything.

Most days I just sit at home. I never go outside. I have to manage all of my finances online because I cannot write checks. I just take each day as it comes. And on top of that I’m happy!

Because I know that God loves me. Life is not a challenge for me, it’s His choice.

I never know if I will live or die but knowing and believing that He gives and takes life gives me unbelievable comfort.

Just knowing that the future is His takes the pressure off of me. It’s not up to what I do, it’s His choice, not mine, because frankly I can do nothing.

And to know that He chose to teach me that makes me feel very blessed.

This is a long way from where I was. A long way. I was an executive for an airline owned company and I traveled all over the world. I was highly successful by the world’s standards but God brought me to where I am today.

Yes, I’m blessed, but so are you.

Now we can look at life much differently. The World tries to teach us to believe that everything is up to us, but it’s not. It’s true that this applies to this World but remember who is in control of this World and who controls where we are going.

All of the sudden success isn’t what we used to think it was.

Success in this World applies only to this World, not where we are going to be forever. Our lives may or may not be long, but this World is not going to be here forever, and our ancestry will not last forever, but we will.

So the next time you wonder about the future, think about forever. And you don’t have to wonder at all because forever is His and He gave it to us.

No comments: