Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am having an extremely rough time. Why? As a human I just don’t know, and honestly as a Christian I’m obviously not following what the scriptures say. For example, Jesus told us that we would have problems in this World, but He said: “I have overcome this World.”

Also in Rom 8:38-39 Paul says:
38 For I am convinced that nothing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NIV

So what’s my problem?

What exactly don’t I understand?

I understand it all. I understand that Jesus said that we’ll have trouble. I also understand that Paul said that nothing will separate us from the love of God, and I am alive today and living very well.

So what’s my problem?

There’s nothing going on in me that wasn’t also going on in the Apostles.

Were they all perfect? No. Were their lives all wonderful & pleasant? No. But they lived in this World like I do and like you do too and they had faith so no matter what happened they believed.

And that’s what I have to do. I have to have enough faith to believe that even though there are problems for me in this World and things aren’t happening the way that I would like for them to, God is still God and they will be very different in Heaven.

You may need to do that too.

I’m thankful that I can. And I’m thankful that even though I’m having very difficult times I can think like this.

No comments: