Friday, July 31, 2009

Imagine…


Imagine is not a new word, no God used this word in the scriptures:

Eph 3:20-21

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine , according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
NIV

But what does it mean? Imagine means to see or picture something in your mind.

So when someone says It’s more than I could imagine that means it’s more than I could see in my mind.

Originally imagine was something very special and to exceed your imagination was something that only God could do. Only spiritual involvement and no human involvement.

However nowadays imagine has been redefined and normal humans can do this.

I watch HGTV exclusively because I thought it was clean. But I have seen the term imagine used repeatedly to simply describe people’s reaction to what a designer has done for them. So in other words the result is far more than what they had seen in their minds, so it’s more than they had expected.

However, imagine actually and originally meant far more than a person actually do. It meant something that only God could do. So to redefine it is actually pretty risky. And I don’t think that’s good.

No comments: