Monday, May 19, 2008

My 23 year old son, Daniel (or Danny) just moved with my wife from Virginia and took the second bedroom in my apartment to take care of me. Sounds great doesn’t it? It is truly a gift from God. But with every gift there is a responsibility. Like with salvation, faith is our responsibility. And with this one it’s no different. Now it’s not salvation but it is my work for God that He has given me to do.

Daniel has a few differences. First of all, we were probably best friends all of his life until my attack tragically separated us 7 years ago. He is bipolar and on medication. He is brain injured from being hit by a car. And finally he is Educably Mentally Retarded, and he knows it, and is ok with it.

And my responsibility with all of this is to relax, keep trying, pray, trust God and be satisfied with what God gives me rather than what I expect.

No comments: