Monday, May 26, 2008

I am facing a huge dilemma. My son who lives with me has several cognitive disabilities. Now, there is only 1 that he focuses on the most and that is being bipolar. He does have another one that he at least knows contributes to his problems and that is that he is brain injured. Now he never mentions the fact that he was declared Educably Mentally Retarded.

He cannot take tests without help for reading and understanding the requested information, but he definitely wants to make a good place for himself in this world to make a very positive statement for others with bipolar that it can be done.

Most importantly, he absolutely hates Church and class or being around Christian people. Why? Because he has always been rejected by normal people in those places.

Look at yourselves and your Churches and see if the same thing is going on there too. I’m certain that it probably is. I know because I have lived all over this nation and I haven’t found one place that it isn’t. I’ve tried everywhere.

So what am I going to do now that I’m disabled too? Talk, that’s all I can do. And leave the rest up to God.

No comments: