Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just as I am…

Probably many of you remember this song that was often sang in Churches. Well, unfortunately, even though we’re in the 21st century, this still isn’t often being done by Christians.

I just today attended a Disabilities Awareness Sunday at my Church. And people with various disabilities were doing EVERYTHING, just as they are. And I had to wonder: Why aren’t they doing this all the time? Why just on a Disabilities Awareness Sunday and then never again until next year?

What does that say about normal people? I think that says that normal people don’t easily accept people with disabilities, and that is a huge let down for me because everyone in my family is disabled!

Where do we go from here? The decision is clearly yours. But while you’re thinking about this OR blowing this aside, I am here to say that Christ truly gave his life for them too. And the love that we feel for and show each other should be coming from you too.

No comments: