Saturday, January 2, 2010

From the time that we are born (or before…) the entire focus is on what we are able to do in comparison to others, which IS AMAZING because each individual is different. God made us that way.

To make sure that what we can do is developed and noticed by everyone we used to begin with kindergarten, but now we have preschool and even preschool on TV!

That’s what school is for, to show what we can or can’t do. Thus we have grades and even college.

And, to make sure that our evaluation is important, salaries are tied to it by extent of personal accomplishment. If you can do this, you’ll get this.

Society is totally tied to that and we set limits for ourselves on how far we can go and what we can do because our position within society and success are based on that.

None of that includes God. None. But as humans we strive to achieve things because success and status in this world are based on that.

Unfortunately success and status in God’s world don’t include that and our judge is God not society.

Hmm, that is somewhat confusing isn’t it?

Most people don’t think about that but that’s one of the incredible blessings of being who I am. As a human I did very well in school, college, work and everything else. I was a human star, but then I was beaten up and my brain stem was broken. Now I am handicapped and have many problems.

So am I still a star?

In this world no, but in God’s world yes.

How do I know that?

Well I can’t walk, I lost my job, I lost my wife, I lost my kids, I totally lost my education, I lost my sister and I lost my parents but I still have God.

Why do I think that I still have God?

Because everyone with human education said that I would die, but I’m alive. I was in a coma for 5 years but I’m fine now and it’s been 9 years. I have been diagnosed as having several deadly diseases but I’m fine. And when I came out of my coma I wanted a Bible and to go to Church. I have no memory of any bad things that happened to me.

I am also able to look at things much differently than I used to.

Life used to be about…but life now is very much a gift from God.

Now, let me tell you what I’m thinking:

When God created everything, the World, the Humans, Heaven & Hell, He also created the angels and one of those Angels as thrown out of Heaven because he thought that he knew more and could do better than God.

And even though God made hum leave Heaven God gave him Earth. And he still thinks that he is better than God. And he teaches humans to forget God and just do things on their own. Remember society and success? Seems a little too familiar to me…

But thankfully God is God. And we should never forget that!

No comments: