Monday, May 18, 2009

Society

I have been given the opportunity to see many things quite differently than I used to and than most people do. Case in point: I am alive and although I do have some disabilities, I am extremely close to being normal and that’s because God is God.

Now that is easy for me to accept but the thing that is really difficult for me to accept is that Society has made God into something that suits them. Society has redefined God and most people just think that’s OK.

So they are followers of their own definitions and the real God is left out in the cold. These beliefs, and yes there are many, are called Religions and everything about them is protective.

Now excuse me but God made us and controls us. He doesn’t need to be redefined or even defined and He does not need to be protected. He is God regardless of anything that we do and that makes me very happy and satisfied!

But because that is not a religion, Society does not like that. They are much happier and more fulfilled if THEY have defined things and THEIR NEEDS are being met.

And that’s what the Old Testament is filled with! Then Jesus came and lived and died FOR US, and we have been GIVEN grace. Eph 2 says that it is NOT by anything that we could do, it was a gift.

So why if that’s true and the old law has been done away with at such a huge cost does Society feel the need to recreate the old law with new laws (religions)? Jesus already did that because the law didn’t work! So laws (religions) won’t work today!

I think that people just need to relax and let God be God and be thankful for what they have been GIVEN.

Things would be a lot easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is exactly what I have been passionate about lately. I have been inexcusably redefining God for years. It was only when I started reading/applying Romans 12:1-2 that I realized that I was created for Him, rather than vice versa.

Amen to everything in your post! You hit the nail on the head. If all of us had the perspective that you posted about... then we would all repent much quicker and remain that way for much longer!