Monday, September 8, 2008

God is very good



You know, if you haven’t thought about this, I have and you should.

God is very good.

When I got hurt, my brain stem was completely severed. The normal thing for someone is death. In fact the doctor’s said: He’s either going to die or he’ll be a vegetable all of his life, but I lived and not just lived but I lived well.

Even though I was extremely sinful when I was hurt, my wife came from Virginia to Seattle, Washington and saw me and wouldn’t turn the life saving devices off, called everyone and stayed 6 whole weeks for the trial, was badly shocked at me and very hurt but she didn’t divorce me.

And now she has moved from Virginia to California. All of this while she had an adult son who is Developmentally Delayed and has ADHD. She is Bipolar and an alcoholic. My adult son has many disorders. And our adopted adult son is Educably Mentally Retarded. Was God involved in this? Well, you figure it out. 1+1 does not equal 2, so obviously yes.

And now there’s no Conservator or Board & Care. No, I actually live in an apartment and have a roommate who I am helping. And I am trying to start a ministry. Do I love God? Oh yes I do! With my body, my soul, mind, strength and spirit!

Do you understand how far I’ve come? God has to have been involved because in view of what initially happened according to mankind, I should be dead or at best a vegetable. But I’m not dead and I’m not a vegetable.

God is very good.

No comments: