Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ex



God told Moses about the Passover BEFORE HE WENT TO EGYPT!:
Ex 4:21-23
21 GOD said to Moses, "When you get back to Egypt, be prepared: All the wonders that I will do through you, you'll do before Pharaoh. But I will make him stubborn so that he will refuse to let the people go. 22 Then you are to tell Pharaoh, 'GOD's Message: Israel is my son, my firstborn! 23 I told you, "Free my son so that he can serve me." But you refused to free him. So now I'm going to kill your son, your firstborn.'"

Ex 4:31
They bowed low and they worshiped

They reacted only to what they could see: Moses and Aaron NOT God!

Ex 5:1-5
Moses and Aaron approached Pharaoh. They said, "GOD, the God of Israel, says, 'Free my people so that they can hold a festival for me in the wilderness.'"
2 Pharaoh said, "And who is GOD that I should listen to him and send Israel off? I know nothing of this so-called 'GOD' and I'm certainly not going to send Israel off."
3 They said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness so we can worship our GOD lest he strike us with either disease or death."
4 But the king of Egypt said, "Why on earth, Moses and Aaron, would you suggest the people be given a holiday? Back to work!" 5 Pharaoh went on, "Look, I've got all these people bumming around, and now you want to reward them with time off?"

Ex 5:6-11
6 Pharaoh took immediate action. He sent down orders to the slave-drivers and their underlings: 7 "Don't provide straw for the people for making bricks as you have been doing. Make them get their own straw. 8 And make them produce the same number of bricks — no reduction in their daily quotas! They're getting lazy. They're going around saying, 'Give us time off so we can worship our God.' 9 Crack down on them. That'll cure them of their whining, their god-fantasies."
10 The slave-drivers and their underlings went out to the people with their new instructions. "Pharaoh's orders: No more straw provided. 11 Get your own straw wherever you can find it. And not one brick less in your daily work quota!"

Unfortunately the people DID have god- fantasies!

No comments: