Sunday, April 15, 2012

Let’s talk about something and I can tell you that you’re not going to like this! I have been reading things in the Bible about idols that are worshipped and I’ve been trying to figure it out. And I have some information for you but most people aren’t going to like it!

First of all, let’s talk about Abraham. He had no children AND he was told to move to a foreign country. Not very impressive.

Then Noah. He was told to build a huge ship at a time when there was not a reason. Again, not impressive!

Isaac worked for Laban for 14 years and had to marry 2 women. Again, not impressive!
Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers. Again, not impressive!

All of God’s prophets were killed. Again, not impressive!
Jonah was in the stomach of a large fish for 3 days and then the fish threw him up! NOT IMPRESSIVE!

God’s human son was impregnated in a virgin, born in a manger and then killed. Not impressive!

Paul was a very accomplished human, killing many Christians and ended up as a prisoner for God. Definitely not impressive!

God has NEVER been seen! Not even close to being impressive!

I could go on and on but the point of the scriptures is that God has a plan that will be accomplished so life is NOT about your plan, it’s about His plan! Even when Jesus was going to be killed He said: “not my plan, but yours”.

So “self” may be the biggest and worst idol yet! Self recognition is extremely important to mankind! And I can’t walk, comb my hair, shower myself, shop, work or anything but live in a wheelchair and read the Bible everyday, so “self” doesn’t exist! I was VERY accomplished before but not at all now. And I’m happy to be here! Did I plan this? NO! But it benefits God and I’m happy so you figure it out. Sounds a lot like the people in the Bible to me.

No comments: