Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grace and God

Everyone knows what Grace is and how awesome it is and that it was a gift to us from God.

Everyone also knows and believes that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

But few know the perceived correlation between these two things, but this morning I feel that I have been shown the relationship between the two and I’m sharing it with you.

Now if God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, then Grace wasn’t something brand new to God. I refer you Adam and Eve-the FIRST human beings.

Did they support God’s will? No. And after they made their choice to do so God removed them from the Garden to become like you and I. And we are the same as them, and God has given us Grace.

Unmerited love and favor. That’s God.

So we can see that Grace was nothing new God. Yes, they had to leave and begin a totally new life and yes, they suffered many consequences and yes they began to die, in time, but not right away.

Couldn’t they simply have been extinguished by the God who had made them? Yes, but something else came into play there.

Could it have been God’s Gracc? Maybe, because God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He gave us Grace, so He always has known Grace.

I could be wrong but this appears to me to be the first demonstration of God’s Grace and it has always been there.

No comments: