Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Judg 7:2-7
2 GOD said to Gideon, "You have too large an army with you. I can't turn Midian over to them like this — they'll take all the credit, saying, 'I did it all myself,' and forget about me. 3 Make a public announcement: 'Anyone afraid, anyone who has any qualms at all, may leave Mount Gilead now and go home.'" Twenty-two companies headed for home. Ten companies were left.
4 GOD said to Gideon: "There are still too many. Take them down to the stream and I'll make a final cut. When I say, 'This one goes with you,' he'll go. When I say, 'This one doesn't go,' he won't go." 5 So Gideon took the troops down to the stream.
GOD said to Gideon: "Everyone who laps with his tongue, the way a dog laps, set on one side. And everyone who kneels to drink, drinking with his face to the water, set to the other side." 6 Three hundred lapped with their tongues from their cupped hands. All the rest knelt to drink.
7 GOD said to Gideon: "I'll use the three hundred men who lapped at the stream to save you and give Midian into your hands. All the rest may go home."

The great reversal…

No comments: