Sunday, July 17, 2011

Regardless of your condition, this World
ONLY accepts only what they consider to
be normal things.
For 42 years I was normal so everything was
acceptable but at 42 years old I as beaten up,
my brain stem broken, beat in the ears with
bottles and nearly died so now I’m not
normal anymore (so they say). Everything
that I do has to meet standards that I can’t
meet but I am required by the World to meet
the ‘normal’ standard of which I am not.
To even have to identify that there is a
standard that I can’t meet is rude and very
mean. But there IS a standard and time and
time again I must meet it if I want anything
at all.
1
So I have to try very hard to understand
what is required, use the necessary tools or
the necessary ‘normal’ friends and make
sure that what I give the requestor meets
their standards if I want anything at all.
This is NOT good and I constantly wonder
how other people do it...
What is even more unusual is that God takes
such thorough good care of me. I never
have to wonder if He accepts me. He
always helps me whereas humans don’t. I
believe in Him and I live for Him.
I never worry about my behavior with Him
but I always worry about my behavior with
other people.
2
Other people have standards that I MUST
meet but He loves me just because I love
Him. Other people look at my behaviors but
He looks at my heart. Other people don’t
hesitate to say “NO” but He always says
yes.
I have 3 sons and 2 of them have disabilities
so now I’m the 3rd one. Of the 2 with
disabilities both of them try very hard to
meet the ‘normal’ standards of this World in
fact one of them always says “I’m very
close to being normal…” but he always has
trouble because the standards of this World
are hard for him to meet. The other one
simply accepts the standards of this World
as the way things are and then there’s me. I
am no different than I was except that I can’t
walk so I see how we are treated differently
and I don’t like it! And I see how others
without disabilities are treated very
differently than me.
3
So to exist at all I rely on God because this
World doesn’t like me (and they tell me!)
and it’s difficult to even exist.
Other people are happy with what they have
to do but I can do nothing and I’m happy
with God.
Things that make other people happy don’t
make me happy because I can’t do them.
When I look at things I think I can do that
but no one will let me do anything so living
in this World is not good for me. I’m able to
do most anything but people will let me do
nothing so life is not good.
The BEST answer that I can think of is to
treat everyone regardless of anything else as
they are. Which is the same as God treats
everyone. The heart and God are things that
you can’t see so the perspective has got to
change.
4
If people stopped evaluating only what they
could see then more acceptability would
prevail! I have no problem saying that there
are things that I can’t do like travel but
there’s a lot that I can do. I don’t have to
make a lot of money I just want to do
something!
People have got to stop looking and
evaluating things that they can see or do and
trust in God. He is far more capable than
they are!
5
So my suggestion is to eliminate standards
that we can see and evaluate and start rating
people on what they CAN do. God formed
them in their mother’s wombs, wrote down
ALL the days of their lives AND they were
born. Not to mention that they are here to
do His will not someone else’s will. And
with this we have many more people to
consider instead of only those who could
afford the educational standards that suit this
world.
God developed us so IF we needed
something MORE then He would have
given it to us!
But like the children of Israel we want more
than we have.
6
The difference is that I can’t have more and
after reading God’s word I know that I don’t
need more but I’m young so will this life
accommodate me or do I have to
accommodate it?
I have NO PROBLEM with the fact that
God creates humans mostly who can walk
but I am human, God created me and I can’t
walk and I am not alone! So either I (who
God created) am not good or our standards
have to change! I can’t spend the next
several years as a no good person because I
am a good person.
7

No comments: